Monday, February 11, 2008

Mobile Miles

He is off! Miles is mobile. I am calling it crawling but it is not very graceful crawling - it is not the hands and knees version. I guess depending where you are from determines what you call it. I have heard it called "crawdading" by my Louisiana relatives. Others call it bear-crawling or army-crawling. Really its more like slithering. He essentially slides on his belly while pulling himself with his arms and slightly pushing with his legs. It looks a little like swimming but minus the water.

Also Miles woke up this morning at 5:30 screaming. Usually he wakes up early and then snoozes (as do we) for 15-20 minutes but not this morning. I went in to check on him and he was standing at the end of his crib nearest the door. I believe he was stuck. He got up but couldn't figure how to get down - or out!

We haven't been very serious about baby-proofing the house, but the day is drawing very near - like this weekend. He is intrigued with electric outlets and power cords. I have had to swat his little hand a few times hoping he would get the message that it would hurt him but it hasn't squelched the curiosity yet. In our infant first aid/cpr class the instructor said that the no. 1 emergency people came in with infants to the ER was kids who had bitten into electric cords - I will not let that be us!

I hope to post a video of Miles crawling but that never seems to happen. Getting the video from the camera to my computer seems to be a tremendous feat. Also I hope to post pictures from our recent trip to Louisiana to visit my family. Maybe if my work ever slows down I will get around to it.

No comments: