Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An Interactive Post...

Ok - its after 9 am. Miles just went down for his nap. I have about a 1.5-2 hour window of time to do "things" but I can't decide what to do since my list is so long. I will say that this has been the greatest (mental) stress of motherhood. I have a bazillion things to do, I know I am not going to get them all done, and they all need to be done now. Sure, I can do a handful of things while he is awake but nothing gets finished. I can work for 15 min. while he investigates the office, or fold half a load of laundry, but it doesn't get put up. Its still sitting on the bed. You get the picture.
So you tell me - what should I do now?

A.Get dressed for the day - I only have to go to the post office until dinner tonight where I am actually going to have to look presentable.

B. Work - I have one magazine to layout, and corrections on another.

C. Clean- there are several PILES of laundry that are clean but have not been put up, the floor needs to be vacuumed and mopped (being Miles is crawling all over it and its gross), load the dishwasher, and the house generally needs to be picked-up all over (that could take days by itself - have you seen my office and the guest bedroom?)

D. Babyproof - now Miles is crawling there is just about something in every room that he gets into that he shouldn't. I need to rearrange all those things where they aren't a temptation and hazard.

E. Address and mail Miles' birthday invitations - Its NEXT Weekend. They need to be mailed today.

I have a list of fun things I would like to do - but being the above items aren't going to get done, I figure they are out of the question. So what do you think?

1 comment:

Dennis and Danielle said...

Ain't that the TRUTH! There's NO time! hahaha. I've just gotten used to having a messy house, getting clothes out of the laundry basket, or dryer, using the dishwasher more than EVER, and vacuuming at night :) haha Oh yeah, let's not forget - time to make myself up! - jeans and t-shirts every day, make-up if I have time, and hair... just let it be...
Danielle :)