Monday, February 25, 2008

First Haircut...




This past week Miles got his first haircut. The occasional person has mentioned that he needed a haircut for about 6 months but I could not bring myself to do it before he was one. Since his first birthday is a few days away, I thought he could go with Mason for a haircut.
He was born with what we call "old man hair". He had a lot around the sides and back of his head but not much on the top. It has filled out on the top now, but the sides and back kept growing so he had a kind of a mullet. I was washing his hair the other night and while wet, it was longer than mine in the back going past his shoulders. It was definitely time!
He did really well. Ms. Kathy set a special board across her chair and sat Miles on it with a cape. He was very still just looking around trying to figure out what was going on. He was good until she wanted to cut around his ears and he wanted to see what she was doing. Then when she pulled out the electric razor thing he wanted to play with it. She called it her airplane. All in all - he did a fantastic job!

2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Precious angel! That makes me sad that he's almost 1 though. I'm so sorry to miss his birthday party, I'm flying out tomorrow morning w/ my sister to visit a cousin, wont be back until next week. Give him a big hug from me...

Kathy said...

Miles, you're so brave!

Happy Birthday, too. Sorry we're going to miss the party!