Monday, September 8, 2008

Update.

Here are a few pics from the past couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay - we have been a tad under the weather here on top of the whole new baby thing. Since Miles has started Mother's-Day-Out he has already brought home a cold and stomach bug to share with the family. Luckily Grant has avoided the stomach bug (knock on wood).
I will say that it has been a long 3 weeks. I feel like Grant should be atleast 6 weeks old...but before I know it I am sure he will be walking so I won't wish my days away. We have visited Mason's grandparents in Camden and all the family in Searcy to show Grant off. Grant is growing - I think he weighs at least 12 lbs now but I'm not sure. We haven't weighed him here at the house yet but at his last doc's apt. he weighted 9 lbs. 9 oz - he had gained 5 oz. in 3 days. So at that rate I am sure he is 12 lbs! He is doing well at night - waking up about every4 hours and occasionally I get a 5 hour stretch to sleep which is really nice.
Miles is getting more accustomed to this whole big brother thing. He doesn't seem to mind as much when I am feeding Grant or holding him. We have started reading books - or look at pictures in books - while I feed Grant and that seems to help with the attention issue being that feeding a newborn takes a lot of time. He even walks over and will give Grant a little kiss every so often. Now we just need to work on not sticking our fingers in Grant's mouth. Miles thinks that is very funny. We don't really agree.
Oh and we finally got our new double decker stroller ! (It only took 2.5 mos.) We can now go for walks around the lake even when Mason isn't home.
Enjoy the pics.

Tummy Time! (Grant does not seem to mind this as much as Miles did.
Miles would scream - Grant just grunts.)

Strike a Pose!

Call me crazy but don't babies look like Yoda when you put a onesie on them?


Note Miles' new big boy shoes. He looks so grown up in them.

My budding musician. He really is quite musical for his age.

4 comments:

Matt and Kim Cleveland said...

The yoda picture made me laugh out loud. And you are quite brave to put shoes you have tie on your child...I just stick to velcro...but you know I would wear velcro if I could.

Beth said...

FINALLY - not like you have anything else to do! Glad to see some pics!

Liz Harrell said...

Oh my goodness... he's getting so big!!! I'm sorry Miles has been sick, poor little guy.

So apparently our husbands are going to get into superman shape. Guess I'll have to put away my apple crisp this morning. :)

Dennis and Danielle said...

He's so cute! Loved the pics!
Dani