Monday, September 29, 2008

Weighing in

We made a family visit to Dr. Rodger's office last week and had the boys' checkups - Miles' 18 mos and Grant's one month. Mason went with me for an extra set of hands to contain Miles.
Here are their stats:
Miles - 27 lbs 10.5 oz and 33 inches. His noggin was 52 cm (we are now under the 100th percentile - 97th. Glad to hear the curve is catching up to us.)

Thanks Aunt Marci for my new PJ's. They are Dino-might!
(They have dinosaurs on them. You can't really see that in the picture.)
The weather has finally gotten cool enough to need long sleeves at night.

Grant - 13 lbs 9.5 oz and 21.75 inches. I don't remember how big his head was - big enough I know. I knew that Grant had hit the 12lb mark but didn't have any idea he would be so close to 14 lbs. I thought we were filling up those 3 mos onesies awfully fast. Actually we have graduated to the 3-6 mos sleepers. Seriously. I can't snap them. Another long bodied baby. And I had to move him to #2 diapers earlier than I did with Miles. The tabs on the #1's would barely reach all the way around. Now I know why.

Our big-boy Grant. At this rate he will be beating up on Miles before he is a year old.

Also, the same day we got a call from the nutrition center at Children's Hospital to inform us that we were not accepted into the study because Grant's birthweight was too high. So long free diapers. I will miss them though the pressure to exclusively breastfeed isn't there anymore. I want to continue giving him breastmilk to help with family allergy issues and the genetic predisposition for being overweight. (They say breastfed babies don't have as many issues with being overweight.) On the other hand, if we want to go on a weekend getaway, I don't have to pump like a creamery and he could have formula. That is nice. But free diapers for a year would be nicer. Oh well. Not much I could have done about his birth weight.

On a sidenote, Miles is spitting out lots of new words as long as you say it first. He doesn't say them on his own but will repeat things. Last night on our way home from church we passed through downtown and he kept pointing at all the big buildings. I said something about big buildings and he said emphatically "BIG" as he reached to the sky. It makes me more than happy to know that things are clicking in that sweet big head of his. I am also excited at the possibility of him being able to communicate instead of playing cherades to figure out what wants! I've never been very good at cherades anyway.

Look at that sweet face!

No comments: