Thursday, September 25, 2008

Family Outings

We have settled into a kind of a routine and life seems more comfortable these days. We have been on several little family outings. Anyone who knows me knows I get a little stir crazy staying home, so on the weekends we have been getting out. Also, I want to take full advantage of Grant's infant portability. I did not realize how flexible and portable infants are until Miles was older and we found out how easy taking care of a newborn is compared to an "older" baby. And now that we have our stroller things are much easier. I see progress in Miles' adjustment to having a sibling every day - though yesterday was an exception with two episodes of not-so-soft touching and running his school bus over Grant's face. He didn't cry too much.
Enjoy the new pics.

The new double-decker stroller on our trip to the "Big Dam Bridge"
(The longest pedistrian-only bridge in the world my bridge designing honey tells me
.)

Baby in the Back

Big-boy in the front

Here we are at Wooly-Hollow State Park. Its about an hour drive from home.

Mason and Miles at the old homestead in the park.
Miles was saying his infamous "Whatsthat" as a motorcycle roared by.

Miles in the baby backpack. We hiked a whole maybe quarter of a mile. Mason was carrying Miles and I had Grant in the sling.

Family portrait at the playarea. That motorcycle kept driving around.
We couldn't keep Miles' attention.


In order for the boys here to keep their sanity during this whole big brother transition, my friend Kathy and I have arranged weekly playdates for them. Here they are playing in the dirt.
Sam has a new baby sister at his house and has been through some adjustments himself.

Miles with shovel in hand. He was absolutely filthy after playing. I kept finding wood chips from the playground all over the house for the remainder of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Dennis and Danielle said...

YOU GUYS LOOK SOOOO GREAT! What great photos! Love the stroller!!! HOW COOL!
Dani