Friday, August 31, 2007

Florida - Day 3


When we woke up this morning it was cloudy. Being my mother's daughter I decided to check the weather. There was a good chance of rain so we made the decision to go shopping at the outlet mall in Sandestin. Mason was looking for some new shoes but came out empty handed. I got two new t-shirts and Miles got a couple new shirts as well. There was a Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant at the outlet mall but turns out it was not open yet. We all had a hankering for a hamburger and got lucky when we found a Johnny Rockets at the other mall in Destin.
After lunch on our way back to the house we stopped at a Gellato shop we saw earlier in the day. I had a cup of lemon sorbet and shared it with Allison on the way home. Turns out it was her first cone ever. She enjoyed it thoroughly.


After nap time we took our bikes for a spin down the road through a couple of little beach towns/neighborhoods. We put Miles in the trailer. I don't think he disliked it but he did not squeal with excitement either. He looked uncomfortable but since he didn't say anything about it, I did not mess with him. We had to wake him up when we got home to put the bike up.

A couple of my favorite areas were Alys Beach and Rosemary Beach. It just amazes me all these huge homes that are really beautiful and are really expensive. I didn't realize this many people had this much money in order to buy a vacation home. Most of these houses are $2 million +. What in the world are we doing here? See more pics here.

Mason and I were able to dine alone thanks to Kim and Matt. We will be reciprocating on Sunday night. We visited a small little restaurant called Summer Kitchen Cafe. I had a Mahi Mahi fish taco and Mason had shrimp and cheese grits. We then investigated Rosemary Beach some more and walked over to the beach to admire the stars. They are brighter and twinklier at the beach.

We are now working towards our phases in our card game. I am not doing so well. For any of you who are wondering how it is going- Kim is winning.

No comments: