Monday, February 16, 2009

Big Boy

Sorry for the absence from the blogosphere here lately. We have been under the weather with ear infections, sinus infections and strep throat. Mason is the only one not tainted and that is fine with me. We have all had a healthy dose of antibiotics and are on the mend. My work was also stacked up (burried alive.) I think I have dug my way out, if I can keep all the jobs straight.

We discovered while at the doctor with Grant's sickness that he hit the looming milestone of 20 lbs! That means new carseat for him. I'm happy to be rid of the infant carrier/carseat anyway though it did a mean workout for my "guns". Lucky for us we were thinking ahead and ordered his Britax carseat on sale from amazon. It is the same model as Miles' but a different pattern (because it was on clearance). It arrived the day we went to the doctor. Talk about perfect timing. We could not have planned it better.

We tried it out in the living room. It seems quite cozy except when he falls asleep in it and his little head falls forward.

I am still in amazement that my "baby" is in his big-boy seat. And he is not even 6 mos old. They are growing up fast. I had a quick glimpse of a 10 year old Miles the other day and it completely wigged me out to think that they are going to grow up. I don't know. I might just get all teary and sentimental on everyone here.


Miles longingly staring at the greener grass across the fence.




This probably breaks some kind of child labor law, but Miles loves cleaning and will get this little vac on his own accord. I don't mind to turn it on for him. It's a win-win situation. He thinks it's a lot of fun and I don't have to vacuum.

No comments: