Thursday, November 6, 2008

My new toy...

Mason surprised me last week with an early Christmas present. In the 7 years we have been married, we have never really given each other much in the gift department, so this was a huge surprise. I have always wanted one but never thought I would ever, ever get it. I have actually never even voiced that I desired to have one so way to go Mason on reading my mind. Oh - what is it?


My very own fancy schmancy SLR. Though I am trying to learn the manual settings, even the automatic settings take a pretty sharp image. It should. It's 12 mp! So you will have to humor me here as I thrust my learning curve upon you. All these images are SOOC (That is camera speak for Straight Out of the Camera).

When you live in my neighborhood, this is the obligatory photo shoot location.

Dang sun spot and this would be perfect. Oh I just want to grab those cheeks!

This tree is just around the block from me. It glows all autumn long.

The sun was peeping through the trees perfectly.
If I had a different lens and this shot would have been perfect.

Grant has upgraded to the big boy seat in the stroller. He is too big to lay down anymore in the "hidey-hole" as I like to call it. He liked riding like this. Giggled actually, when I started walking and then was asleep when we arrived home.


Pretty little Amelia, Sams baby sister.

I am going to a Cannon seminar in a week or so. I will be playing with this until then but hopefully I will learn a thing or two about my camera and shooting will become second nature for me. So I wonder what this means I have to get Mason for Christmas? How about a photo alblum?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We missed you at Bunco tonight! Great pictures, esp love the one of sweet Amelia. :) You have an eye for good shots/angles.