Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy 3 month birthday to you!



Dear Grant,
You are 3 months old today! Time has flown by quickly. Before you know it you will be a toddler on the move like your brother and I will be longing for the days where I can just sit and hold you. With that in mind, I have been trying to do just that, sit and hold you more. But it is hard with your brother always into something. I am trying to make a conscious effort to soak in all those sweet smiles. With your brother I was always looking forward to what was ahead and did not savor those sweet baby things as much as I wished I had. I'm learning.



What you can do:
-lift your head 45 degrees
-laugh and giggle (especially when tickled or while changing your diaper - you like being naked!)
-SMILE really big
-You have discovered your left hand especially. You will wave it back and forth, and stare at it until you fall asleep. In the past day or two I have noticed more activity in the right hand. Before too much longer you will be directing the band.
- bat and reach for objects in front of you
- follow with your eyes 180 degrees me or some other object of interest
- with some help you can hold a rattle or toy
- you goo and coo quite sweetly and have made a razzberry sound a time or two (possibly on accident but we can pretend it was intentional)



You aren't really on a true schedule yet - at least not like your brother was at this age. (I'm trying not to compare you since you are different people, but he is all I have to base my baby experience on.) You eat at different times, sleep at different times, and seem to vary day to day what is your most active time. But I can usually figure out what you need - it's just not real easy to tell others what you need if I need to step away. I hope in the coming days you will get on a schedule that is similar to your brother's just so I can get some things done around the house and I can play with you and your brother more while you are awake and happy.



You are a super sweet baby and I look forward seeing you form as a person.



Love always,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! The next-to-last picture looks a lot like Miles.

Liz Harrell said...

I spotted your tree twinkling through the blinds last night. Looks great!