Monday, October 6, 2008

Pre-Grant Projects

It only took two (or maybe three) months to get these pictures on here. These are the promised images of a few projects I took on before Grant got here (knowing they would never be completed after he arrived.)

These are the ballerina frog paintings I started for Allison for her first birthday and finished right before Grant was born - almost two years behind schedule. They turned out well and look good in her new big girl room. She picked out a special spot for them above her dresser.



Below are the decoupaged letters I did for Grant and Miles' rooms. They are still sitting in a stack in my office but that is ok. They turned out better than I expected and took longer to make than I expected.

(Note the braided chenille rug I got at a consignment sale for $20.
A bargain I am very proud of.)


I used the same/similar papers for their letters. One day they will share a room and the letters will have to move in together as well so they needed to look alike. I distressed them to make them extra cool. (Also note the cute red rocking chair up in the corner. That is a proud flea market find.) One day I will get all the stuff up on the walls and I will take a picture. One day.

2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Hey... I went to that flea market in Sherwood and there were two little wooden kid chairs in the back, in case you're interested in more. :)

The letters look awsome!

Beth said...

uummmm - how much do you charge?? I need something for scarlett
seriously.