Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This is such a fun age...



Popular opinion would agree that "this is such a fun age." That seems to be the comment I get after I tell people Miles is one year old. And I would have to agree. Miles is doing a lot of funny things. I laugh out loud daily at something he does.

Imitating our actions is a new development. Miles has always been facinated when I brush my teeth but now he demands his toothbrush if I am brushing my teeth. Miles also will brush his hair with things that resemble a hairbrush. This action can be easily confused with his imitation of talking on the phone. He holds random things up to his ear and then starts to jabber in his alien talk. That is how you know the difference between brushing hair and him talking on the phone - the hairbrush action will be silent with a lot of arm movement and the telephone will be quite noisey! Only a mother would be able to discern it!
Miles is starting to become quite the little helper - whether you want the help or not. He likes to clean - I have video of him trying to sweep with our big broom. I also have a clip of him taking clothes out of the dryer. (Hopefully one day i will upload those.) He also likes to take the folded clothes out of the laundry basket. And then if you are brushing his hair, he wants to brush yours. If he is eating, he wants to share. He even likes to help me with my makeup (should I get that priviledge.) It's very sweet.
Miles is also very active these days. He is still slithering for the most part but has started to crawl some on his hands and knees. He is pulling up constantly and has started cruising a few steps here and there. He is clapping a lot more and I think is dancing in his own little way. Today for example, the cartoons were singing and he started swaying back and forth, clapping and singing this high pitched drawn out vowel noise. Sometimes if I sing a familiar song and replace the words with "da da" or just a noise, he will chime in with me. I love it. We also have a new tooth - that makes 5.





Here are a few pictures from Easter weekend. We visited the daffodil field at Wye Mountain and went to Searcy to see the grandparents. (Im not sure why the pictures will not post the correct direction. Hope you do not get a crick in your necks looking at them.)


No comments: