Thursday, September 6, 2007

So long good friend...



Yesterday the Hazelwood House bid farewell to a good friend, Smokey. Smokey has been with us for 3 years now and with our new family situation we decided finding a new home would be the fair thing to do for everyone. Smokey will receive all the attention he needs and Miles can use the free space to roam fur-free as he pleases. Because Smokey came from the Arkansas Great Dane Rescue we were required to give him back. I was pleased to hear that he did not have to go to the rescue but a new family was there to take him immediately in. Smokey was a fantastic four legged friend with more affection than I knew dogs were capable of displaying. We hope he will be happy in his new home and if you are searching for a furry friend check out the Arkansas Great Dane website here. They are truely gentle giants!

1 comment:

Matt and Kim Cleveland said...

Aaawwwwww - This made me so sad. I know you guys are doing the right thing for you, but me and Smokey were friends and I will miss him.