Monday, August 16, 2010

#2


From 2010-08-14

Grant has officially endured birthday #2. In the middle of the everydayness of parenthood, it has seemed like quite the long journey but on the flip side I can't believe my baby is 2!! When did that happen?

Grant a couple days after he was born ... (THOSE CHEEKS!!!)

Grant on his first birthday...

From 2010-08-14
And here he is at his second birthday party....

Apparently genetics influence more than just the way you look, but your taste buds as well. Grant has received Mason's taste for all things ice cream and we decided to go with an ice cream party to celebrate Grant's birthday. I'm not sure why but Grant's parties are much more low key than Miles' and we had mostly family and a couple friends in attendance. We played, grilled burgers and just enjoyed the company of those we love.

From 2010-08-14
An essential for every child's party is a bouncy house. It is a shame it was 110 outside and we could not enjoy it for a longer period of time.

From 2010-08-14
This is Pop and in case you didn't know it, he hung the moon (according to my boys.)

From 2010-08-14
The spread...

From 2010-08-14
These are our friends Amelia and Mrs Kaky (as Grant calls her). Amelia and Grant are only a couple weeks apart.

This is Amelia at last year's birthday bash. She has changed a lot as well but she is as cute as ever!



From 2010-08-14
No party would be complete without Aunt Kimmie and Matt. (Sorry Matt, they don't call you uncle??)


Singing Happy Birthday to Grant. (I believe I was demonstrating how to blow out the candle.)

From 2010-08-14
Enjoying the cupcakes (and ice cream) with cousin Allison.

Toddlers and cupcakes are always a winning combination.

From 2010-08-14
Amelia's brother Sam and his daddy enjoying a book in the air conditioning.
This is Miles' best friend who is also only a few weeks older than Miles.

From 2010-08-14

From 2010-08-14
It's not a birthday at our house without the birthday banner. Now we have a proper mantle to display it.

From 2010-08-14
We opened a few gifts...

From 2010-08-14
including a Cozy Coupe. It has been quite the hit here.
Happy Birthday Grant. You will always be my baby.

1 comment:

The Haywoods said...

This really does make me feel old. And I also teared up when I ready your post about corn - because I feel the same way with my Pa and peaches and pecans.