Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Resolutions 2009

This is probably the same as everyone's resolutions but being my previous post, I thought I should follow through. Here are a few of my hopes for 09.

1. Eat better and move more (in hopes to reduce myself to a size 0.) Ha! Well the last part was a joke. I am on my way to incorporating 5 fruits and/or veggies to my day. Doing pretty good so far. I honestly don't know if it is possible to move more than what I do with two babies in the house because I generally hit the floor running about 6:30 am and don't stop until I lay back down but my resolution is in the intentional movement department - like the exercise kind. Hasn't really happened yet. Not a good start to the year. I was going to train for some kind of race but its been too cold and babies don't like to run in the cold.

2. Being more deliberate in my relationships - with my husband, kids, friends and family - as well as with my Savior Jesus Christ. This requires time and effort,being still and not trying to squeeze in some quality time with said persons. Squeezing in quality time is a kind of oxymoron.

3. Challenge my mind. I have found that in the two years of childrearing, my mind is complete mush. And that is only after two years. What am I going to be like in 10? So I am hoping to cut this downward spiral off at the pass, and do some intellectual exercises. Reading is top on my list. Talking with adults about things other than poop and tantrums and maybe take a class of some sort. I need to wait until Grant is a little older to take the class, and I don't know what that class would be in, but I really want to.

This list makes me tired just writing it. That is the problem with resolutions. They are usually broken by now - what if you haven't started them yet? That is probably an even bigger problem.
Let's end with some pictures. That will make everyone feel better about their resolutions.

Grant's resolution is to learn how to roll over and sit up on his own.
I don't think it will be long because he gets stronger everyday.
He can get half of himself there and with a little push - there he goes! You can sit him up and he just bends in half. Maybe that is ok but I cannot bear to leave him like that. Plus the slightest breeze and he "tumples" over. (That's for you Kim.)

What? You couldn't read before the age of two. (Miles can't either but don't tell him that.)
He does love to look at books and have them read to him.


Grant started cereal the first day of this year. He took to it fine even though it is the yucky rice cereal. Miles never would eat rice cereal. He went straight to oatmeal.
Grant is quite a happy baby but I don't know who he looks like. Do you? Sometimes I think that looks just like Miles and then other times I think - who is that baby? Like in the picture above.

Miles wasn't quite so happy that morning at breakfast.

Happy Grant playing in his bassinett while I did some work.

My niece, Allison's 3rd birthday was this month. She had a princess party. She is a pro at birthdays. We have practiced this birthday thing - right MiMi?

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

Oh my gosh. These are just some gorgeous kids. Sorry we couldnt 'sit' with them tonight, but we'd love to see you guys soon. Those boys are getting so big!