Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Traditions - part I

I've neglected this poor site for a while. Since life got crazy with "the holidays" to be exact. I don't just mean the big Christmas one. I mean Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know why they save all the big ones for the end of the year but it creates havoc for my schedule.
I've settled down and have a few spare minutes so I'm posting some holiday highlights. I've also done a bit of soul searching in preparation of my New Year's resolutions, trying to decide how get better control of my life so that our schedules aren't driving us to the edge of insanity. That will result in cutting some things out, and this might be one of them unless someone can give me a good reason why. (Is anyone out there actually reading this?)


We ushered in Christmas with the hanging of the greens - which would be our christmas tree.


I started a tradition last year to give each person their own ornament and those are the first ones hung on the tree that year.




We took a small trip (only a 14 hour drive) to North Carolina to visit Grandaddy, Mimi, and Uncle Sam.



It was brief but it was quality time and we already miss them.  I was able to go eat lunch at my brother's school and it made my trip. I wish I could be more involved in his life like that.
The boys love their Uncle Sam and Miles tears up talking about him because he misses him so.


And this past weekend Miles performed with his friends in "Big Church" Sunday morning. The boys were shepherds and the girls were angels. We have video and will post it later.


And then we went across the street to our church Christmas lunch. And guess who stopped by?

 I'm really glad he did because we had promised Miles that he would get to tell Santa that he wanted a scooter (or skateboard) but had not gotten around to it. Miles was relieved to get that off of his chest.



Every year since we have lived here we visit the capitol to see the lights and decorations. I guess you could call that a tradition.



And there is more to come. The big stuff like Santa, and more family, and holiday baking...

No comments: