Thursday, April 17, 2008

Slam Dunk...

I am notorious in my family for dunking - Oreos in Milk (or any cookie for that matter), doughnuts in coffee - just about any reasonable combination you can think of, I have tried. It's fun. I thought I would pass this heritage along to my precious son - and I do believe the lesson stuck - for better or worse.




We were dunking our graham crackers (and hands) in the applesauce!




"You want a bite?" Miles is good at sharing his snacks.

The next day...
Miles enjoys playing in water. It doesn't really matter where the water is. A good splash is worth its weight in gold to him. I paid a little trip to the restroom and Miles followed me as normal. I lifted the seat lid and then realized that there was no toilet paper - so i swiftly swung around the corner to grab a roll out of the closet. I heard a little splashing sound followed by squeals of delight. I quickly made my way back to the bathroom to see Miles splashing his little hand in the toilet (now you see why we keep all the seats shut unless in use.) Completely grossed out, I grabbed the guest towel with one had and then his little hand with the other for a cleaning. I need to note that prior to Miles following me into the bathroom, he was snacking on a cookie. He brought the cookie with him on the journey and it had been silently sitting in his other hand while he played - until I took his dirty hand to wipe it off. He proceeded to dunk his cookie into the toilet water while both of my hands were occupied. You could say this was one of those moments that seem to move in slow motion though all of this only took seconds. I threw the towel across the room and snatched that cookie from his hand before it touched his lips. His mouth dropped as I immediately threw it in the trash can, and of course that bottom lip of his stuck out. He was not pleased that I threw away his snack. I haven't tried cookies dunked in toilet water and I - nor he - plans to in the future.

No comments: